US pop sensation Kelly Clarkson admits she never seen herself as a singer until high school,,,,


KELLY CLARKSON has revealed that a passion for pistols helps her let off steam when she's taking time out from her busy music career.The original American Pop Idol winner likes to swap her status as a million-selling singer for that of gunslinger when she returns home to Fort Worth, Texas.

She insists the anti-gun lobby are unlikely to persuade her, or her fellow Texans, that they should give up their right to bear arms because "guns don't kill people, people kill people".Kelly says: "We had guns growing up but I wasn't riding horses to school or anything. We shot cans out back. I do that even now."If I am shooting out back I use a shotgun or a Colt 45. That's my favourite, it's got a kick to it, but that's a cool gun. I have, like, nine guns."Heck, I grew up around them. Once you're safe with them and have been taught how to handle them and stuff, there's nothing wrong with that," she adds.Kelly, who is back with her fifth album Stronger, has sold a staggering 23 million albums and is probably best known for her powerful songs of break-ups and heartache.But the 29-year-old singer admits that she has never actually been in love.Instead of spending time with her dream man, over the last decade Kelly has been building up a world-wide following, one that has been growing ever since she won American Idol back in 2002.Asked if real-life romances have helped with her songwriting, she explains: "I've never actually been in love so I wouldn't know the answer to that."The song You Love Me from the new album isn't about a relationship with a guy."It is a different type of relationship, that song. A song may be about betrayal or dishonesty, but I write more about relationships with family and friends.

EXPRESS BLOGGER

Slidershow